Control Room Operator
Everest Canadian Resources Corp. - Fort McMurray, AB
posted June 25, 2020
This is a full time, permanent position based out of Everest Canadian Resources Corp SAGD Facility. This is a site-based position on a 14/14 rotation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will report to the Chief Power Engineer.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in initial CS&U activities;
- Detail and implement operating modes and procedures which will include, alarm rationalization, narrative reviews etc.;
- Ensure on-shift regulatory compliance and ABSA accountability for Safety Codes Act;
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring that all Everest’s regulatory, safety processes and procedures are complied with. While specific tasks can be delegated, the accountability for compliance and performance remains with this position;
- Lead on-shift safety activities;
- Ensure emergency drills/training and follow up are completed;
- Ensure safety training is carried out as scheduled;
- Maintain a strong field presence;
- Ensure that the Safe Job Analysis and the Management of Change processes are followed;
- Report and investigate accidents/incidents;
- Promote safety awareness;
- Lead on-shift HSE initiatives, ensure monthly operations audits are completed and deficiencies acted upon;
- Communicate with outside authorities regarding safety and environment or plant emergencies;
- Activate site ERP and assume Incident Commander role until relieved by senior personnel;
- Provide on-shift direction and leadership to shift team; provide supervision and take responsibility for operator activity;
- Prepare shift reports;
- Review/approve production reports in the production accounting system;
- Work closely with other departments to ensure safety, plant reliability and maximum production output;
- Responsible for manpower scheduling, time reporting and other administrative duties as assigned;
- Assign work for the shift;
- Set daily/nightly shift priorities;
- Organize and direct response to plant upsets or incidents;
- Task analysis and procedural development;
- Lead and participate in planned inspections of the work areas;
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and initiate repair notifications;
- Take the lead in troubleshooting operational problems and ensure action until there is resolution;
- Review /approve incoming work notifications and electronic permits and ensure work is completed as detailed in the job scope and that the equipment is isolated from all sources of energy while the work is performed;
- Review /prepare safe work documentation for day-to-day maintenance work;
- Assist with special projects; and
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET:
- Minimum of a 3rd Class Power Engineer Certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years of industry related experience;
- Mature, self-motivated;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Strong analytical skills, capable of resolving problems independently;
- Demonstrated investigative and data analysis ability;
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license (a driver's abstract is required);
- Knowledge and familiarity with Everest’s values, business vision, practices, processes and systems; and
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
12 Hour Shift
To apply for this position visit Indeed.ca and search for ABSA
4th/5th Class Power Engineer
Federated Co-operatives Limited - Calgary, Alberta
posted June 14, 2020
During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities they serve. Working together to provide essential services to communities across Western Canada, we are hiring a Mill Hand on a permanent basis at our Feed Plant in Calgary, Alberta.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for operating production equipment, maintenance, and assisting with shipping/receiving at the Feed Plant.
- Operate production equipment in accordance with schedules and GMP/HACCP standards.
- Assist in assembling orders for shipment, handling incoming ingredients or product, inspecting incoming trucks for signs of possible sources of contamination, and the performance of daily production service maintenance duties when required.
- Report all needs for maintenance and any unsafe operating conditions to Feed Plant Supervisor.
- Responsible for the maintenance of good housekeeping for plant, ensuring general clean-up during and prior to next shift.
Why it matters:
Our Agro team helps to feed and grow Western Canadian communities by sourcing and distributing products and services to local Co-ops in the feed, crop supplies and fertilizer business.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production, Trades and Maintenance and:
- You have a Grade 12 Diploma (or equivalent)
- You have a minimum of 1-year related experience. 6 months of related feed mill (production) experience preferred.
- You’re familiar with shift work and must be able to lift 25kg consistently.
- You are honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply at our website www.fcl.crs .
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.